- This book was born out of pain and love. One day me, traveling by bicycle Gediminas Avenue, near the curb pressed black SUV with the number "000 . I remember the moment when the pain arose from the earth pronounced - so it will be a fun book about Lithuania and Lithuanians! Written with love of the past and present deeds of heroes, brave little about the country and its blueeyed-, compassionate people.
But over all Lithuanian television channels looked the evening and midnight knowledge awoke in me a completely different person.
And the other person did not want to start the whole point of my book - why we Lithuanians are good natured, entertaining, shy, brave people of Europe? The other man obsessively ask - why do we, Lithuanians, the best course is another Lithuanian?
So now, relaxed on the couch by a sober Sunday morning, all of us:
- And those who set fire to a neighbor's barn at night,
- And those who sheltered homeless dog
- And those who hurt women and children,
- And those who sacrificed stranger your neighbor's heart,
- And those who boarded a lockup because did not bribe
- And the ones who shot the stork,
- And those who honestly pay their taxes,
- And those who are against the nuclear power plant
- And those who sneaked out of the cemetery crosses,
- And those who yesterday pounded neighbor with hatchet becouse of bottle.
- And all those who are still in love with Lithuania - let us have the courage to look at yourself in the eyes that look at us to ask: WHAT WE ARE, WHAT WE ARE AND WHY ARE WE SO? And then we have to go forward.
- In Lithuanian, paperback, 172 p., 8-1/2" x 6" (21 x 15cm)
- Vilnius, Lithuania